- A secure Oxygen OS replace is resulting in a full information wipe of the OnePlus 8 sequence.
- The issue impacts OnePlus 8 and eight Professional units operating Oxygen OS 11 open beta 3.
- OnePlus has acknowledged the problem and has warned towards upgrading.
OnePlus rolled out the secure Oxygen OS 188.8.131.52 replace for the OnePlus 8 and eight Professional over the weekend. Nonetheless, the software program which adopted Oxygen OS 11 open beta 3 is something however secure. Quite a few open beta 3 customers who obtained the replace have reported that it’s inflicting a full information wipe of their telephones.
As soon as the replace is put in, customers are requested to reboot their units. After they accomplish that, the information on their telephones is totally wiped. Sadly, a number of customers report that their telephones had been set to auto-update they usually had no alternative however to put in the defective software program.
One consumer even tried to downgrade to Oxygen OS 10 and replace again to Oxygen OS 11 open beta 3 in an effort to repair the issue. Nonetheless, even with auto-updates switched off, the consumer studies that the cellphone self up to date, requested for a reboot, after which wiped all the information once more.
Additionally learn: The most effective OnePlus telephones you should purchase proper now
OnePlus, on its half, has acknowledged the issue. A staffer took to the corporate’s boards on Saturday, saying that the OnePlus software program crew is wanting into the matter. The individual additionally warned customers towards upgrading to the secure replace.
“In the event you obtain an replace OTA, please double-confirm if it’s an open beta replace. If it isn’t, please don’t set up it,” reads a discover on the OnePlus boards.
Within the meantime, if in case you have already put in the replace however haven’t restarted your cellphone, OnePlus recommends you comply with the steps beneath to keep away from information loss.
- Set up this APK. It is advisable set up it after the replace was put in however earlier than you restart.
- After the APK is put in, run the applying, and faucet “Hold Information.”
- You need to now be capable to restart the cellphone with out shedding your information.
OnePlus says customers ought to nonetheless again up important information earlier than rebooting their telephones after following the aforementioned steps.
Be the first to leave a review.